If you have been diagnosed with a medical condition called skin tags, you are not alone. Skin tags, aka acrochordon is a common form of skin condition. It is a noncancerous skin growth that is small and protrudes from the skin. The perception is that, it looks like a mushroom as it has a narrow stalk that keeps it connected to the skin. An individual may have from 50-100 of these little growths on their body. Although they are found under the armpits, neck, and groin. They can emerge any place on the body where the skin is rubbing against itself. It is normally brown or black. There are no treatments per se as they are relatively harmless and painless.
It is not necessary to treat skin tags. Nevertheless, based on its location and its appearance, you may opt to remove them. Many have used home remedies and have proven the methods to be safe and effective. Home remedies are cures for ailments using everyday items found at home such as spices, vegetables, and oils. Moreover, many are turning to alternative medicine as people are realizing that popping pills and using strong creams is doing more harm rather than good. They are also more cognizant of the fact that the body has its own healing mechanisms and are trying new and effective methods for treatment. Here are some effective home remedies that can be used to rid your body of skin tags.
- Tie string around skin tags and keep it for several days, just about any string will do. It will eventually fall off because when the blood stops it will die.
- .Nail polish can be applied twice per day to the growth. When the nail polish begins to dry out, the skin tags will shrink. This process may take up to two weeks.
- Taping it up, yes. Place a piece of duct tape over the growth for about seven days. You will notice after seven days because the duct tape will become loose.
- Castor oil and baking soda can be used as a remedy. Mix the two components into a paste and apply to the skin tags three times per day. You should begin to see results in about one week.
- Here is a more drastic approach, if you are really serious about eliminating those skin tags. Use a sterilized or disinfected scissors or nail clip. First, you should try numbing the area for about 20 minutes then use an instrument to snip it at the base. Apply peroxide and pressure on wound.
Recent Skin Tags Articles: